Monday, June 6, 2011

Volcano Poas & Waterfall Park

Hola a todos,

!Que aventura! I was so lucky to be able to see the actual crater. As I was taking pictures, I watched a cloud move over the mountain top completely covering the crater. After leaving Volcan Poas the bus took us to Waterfall Park to see Costa Rican "floras y faunas" (flowers and animals). I cannot express in words the natural beauty that is here.

I am working hard in my literature class, however it is very interesting. My vocabulary is increasing everyday, as well as my confidence. I have a presentation next Tuesday on a short story by Jorge Borges. I am fortunate to have such a wonderful professor. My second class is on the culture and civilization in Latin America. I am not only leaving class daily with information, but also with teaching techniques. My professor is an advocate for student-centered classes.

I cannot say enough good things about this program that MLSA provides for students studying abroad. I am very privileged and thankful to be here.

Cathy

1 comment:

  1. que buenas noticas, cathy! que cuento de borges presentaste?

    ReplyDelete